Friday, November 19, 2010

Deadlines

I missed the apple season
You missed the Giant’s winning the world series-
the leaves beginning to change and cars on fire.
You missed voting for Prop 19 and a weekend disaster for Dems. I missed that too.
You went missing in the crowd when I missed your calls that day,
I had fun but I missed you.
I missed the other one and you missed that.
You missed me being a drag while dragging a boy in drag-
a cloud and a myth with grapes on his head. I missed what he said.
We missed four exits driving back to my house after you missed the last metro
And your last night, you missed three trains, two buses and one free ride home.
On my last day, I missed my flight home because I missed you too much
And, perhaps, you missed me too much too,
because maybe
I just missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment